The 3DI-DIANA Team is working in 3D interaction and User Experience in Virtual Environments since 2004. They aim at the study and development of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), and especially Virtual Reality (VR) interaction techniques. More specific, Research expertise and interest include:
- 3D audio spatialisation
- 3D interaction with restricted DoF
- 3D Interaction in Virtual Environments
- Haptic Interaction
- Natural Walking Navigation
- Presence in VE
DIANA Research Group activities take place in the VR & HCI laboratory at the Department of Electronic Technology, ETSI Telecomunicacion, at the University of Malaga.
Past and present projects
- INTUITION was a network of excellence focused on virtual reality and virtual environments applications. Official website: http://www.intuition-eunetwork.net/.
- ManuVAR, where the team developed a training simulator for motor skills based on haptic virtual reality. Webpage at CORDIS: https://cordis.europa.eu/result/rcn/46494_es.html.
- Use It Wisely, where the team developed hom3r, a web-based 3D visualization tool for complex and hierarchically structured objects, applied for industrial products. Webpage at CORDIS: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/109516_en.html.
- 3D Tune-In, where the team developed, in collaboration with Lorenzo Picinali, from Imperial College London, the 3D Tune-In Toolkit, a 3D audio spatialiser which includes hearing loss and hearing aid simulation. Official website: http://www.3d-tune-in.eu/.
- PLUGGY, where the team is working in the development of a social network for cultural heritage and a AR app for visualization of 3D models of cultural heritage artifacts. Official website: https://www.pluggy-project.eu/.
- SAVLab, Where we are extending the 3D Tune-Intoolkit to build a Spatial Audio Virtual Laboratory
- SONICOM, Where the team is making advances in spatial audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality. Official website: https://www.sonicom.eu.
- 3D Tune-In Toolkit. The 3DTI Toolkit is a standard C++ library for binaural audio spatialisation and simulation.The Toolkit allows the design and rendering of highly realistic and immersive 3D audio, and the simulation of virtual hearing aid devices and of different typologies of hearing loss. The library includes a real-time 3D binaural audio renderer offering full 3D spatialization for direct and reverb sound, including, customization of listener head radius and specific simulation of far-distance and near-field effects. In addition, spatial reverberation is simulated in real time using a uniformly partitioned. The Toolkit is released open-source under GPL v3 license (the code is available in GitHub https://github.com/3DTune-In/3dti_AudioToolkit).
- EuroVR (Institutional member) (Arcadio Reyes-Lecuona is the secretary of the association)
- AIPO (Represented in the steering committee)
- Arcadio Reyes-Lecuona
- Luis Molina-Tanco
- María Cuevas-Rodríguez
- Daniel González-Toledo
- Fabián Arrebola-Pérez
- Pablo Gutiérrez Parera
- Francisco Morales Benítez
- Antonio Díaz-Estrella